Saturday, March 19, 2011

BOARDS!

Well Boards are over!! Wednesday we took our LA written test in the morning. I usually take tests pretty fast but this time I only had about 5 minutes to spare. We were all sitting down the hall waiting for them to put the envelope with our results out on the table. I felt physicially sick as soon as someone said they were out there; it felt like going over the railroad tracks or on a roller coaster and having your stomach drop. IT WAS HORRIBLE!!! I felt very prepared to take this test and I really felt like I knew the information well, but I was extremely nervous for the results. Everyone started opening their envelopes right there in front of everyone, but I had decided I was going to go sit in my car to open it up. If I passed I had to get my stuff anyway, and if I didn't I wanted to hurry and get out of there without facing anyone. Fortunately I passed!!! It was such a relief!! I also passed both my injections on the first attempt so I was really excited about that. I was a little bit shaky because I hadn't eaten lunch yet, but overall I did really well.

My clinical exam was Thursday afternoon and it was SO stressful. 2 hours seems like a long time to clean just one quad but the time flew by!! My check-out time was 3:05 and I think I checked my patient out at 3. I was the most nervous about my patient not qualifying. I was pretty confident that she would, but you just never know. Luckily, my first submission worked! I even got to do anesthesia and it was so strange to not have someone watching me the whole time. There were a couple pieces of calculus that I was really having a hard time with; I just hope that in the end I got them off. I explored each tooth so many times and I know I got the majority off, but I'm just nervous with what the examiners might have found. I was also scaling one of the premolars just to make sure it was smooth, and my instrument slipped and I cut her gums. She was numb so she didn't feel anything, but then I had to try and smooth it out. I've never done that before and I don't like the thought of trimming off tissue :(  I don't know the rules about tissue trauma, but I hope I smoothed it out enough that it won't count against me. I guess I'll just wait for my results and hope that I passed!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you passed just fine, but I'm sick about it too. This is not fun at all! I'm just preparing myself for a failure. That way if I do fail, I won't take it as hard, and if I pass, I'll be pleasantly surprised! We'll all just have to pray that we pass now. . Hope we do!

    ReplyDelete